This recipe makes scrumptious cheesy bites loaded with healthy broccoli, encased in brown rice, and rolled in yummy crunchy bread crumbs! The best is that he now can PICK UP his own rice and eat it, instead of me having to find tiny grains of rice all over everything!
1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon powdered garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Mix Panko, oregano, basil, garlic, and salt on a plate
2. Steam broccoli until fork tender
3. Place steamed broccoli, 1 egg, and chopped garlic in food processor. Blend until smooth
4. Combine broccoli mixture, brown rice, and shredded cheddar cheese into a bowl.
Mix until well incorporated
5. Take spoonfuls of rice/broccoli mixture and form balls. Roll into Panko mixture, and place on greased baking sheet
6. Cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Finish on broil for 2-3 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
And there you have it. Brown Rice and Broccoli that you can pick up and pop in your mouth! YUM!
Freeze the left overs and reheat in toaster oven or oven.