My Story

United States
Welcome to LittleLicious! A place for food, fashion, and fun for your little ones! I am a busy mommy and designer who is constantly looking for ways to make nutritious meals that don't take a lot of time! Here you will find great recipes and shortcuts, fabulous fashion, and fun activities to do with your kids! Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Spinach Potato Pancakes



I obsess over how I can get dark leafy greens into my son's little belly.  I put spinach into everything I can possibly think of- eggs, pasta, rice, etc.  When I saw a recipe for a potato pancake, I thought PERFECT!!  I am gonna lace those bad boys with that magic leafy green veggie and make the most delicious little hashbrown patties ever!  I have to  tell you- these are SO easy and so yummy!  I make them once a week, and everyone loves them!


Ingredients




1/2 a medium white onion, diced
1/ 2 bag of Simply Potatoes shredded hashbrown potatoes- I like the O'brien flavor or the Garlic and Herb flavor
1 box frozen organic spinach- (I use organic as spinach is one of the "dirty dozen")
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
¼ panko bread crumbs
2 eggs
½ teaspoon salt

Directions

1. Dice onion 
2. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the spinach- using a thick paper towel helps
3. Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together


4. Make palm sizes patties and place on greased cookie sheet




Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min, or until slightly browned
For some extra deliciousness, sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese on top of each patty, then broil on low for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Let cool, store in fridge
Will make 12-14 patties to serve all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment