My Story

United States
Welcome to LittleLicious! A place for food, fashion, and fun for your little ones! I am a busy mommy and designer who is constantly looking for ways to make nutritious meals that don't take a lot of time! Here you will find great recipes and shortcuts, fabulous fashion, and fun activities to do with your kids! Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Felt board Shapes Matching Game

I don't know about you, but when I need to get things done around my house, my son's high chair is my best friend. Now don't get me wrong, I am not trying to lock him in there un-entertained. This activity kept him busy while helping him learn shapes, and I was able to mop my floor. A huge victory as far as I am concerned ;0)

1. Go to a craft or fabric store and buy some felt. You can usually find 8 x 11 felt sheets for 30 cents or so. Buy 1 for your canvas, and get 6 different colors for your shapes. 

2. Draw out some shapes on paper (preferably card stock or card board if you have it) to make shape templates. Any shapes will do-circle,square, rectangle, star, etc. I made 6 as they fit well on my canvas.

3. Trace each shape on your canvas so your child has an outline to match the shapes on. 


4. Cut each different shape in a different color


Viola! You have a shape matching game that will keep him occupied while mastering shapes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment